Delight your own children the same way Ma thrilled hers. My own children didn't mind that the pancake people were not perfectly formed. They thought they were wonderful.
- Make your favorite pancake batter and follow the recipe’s instructions to prepare the griddle.
- Using a spoon, place a spoonful of batter on the griddle for the head.
- Working quickly, add the arms, body, and legs.
- When the edges are all dry and bubbly, flip your pancake person over, using a spatula. You may want to cook the people a little longer than usual so it does not break when flipping.
- Add mini chocolate chips for eyes, if you like.
- When the underside is brown, place the pancake person on a plate.
- Enjoy with butter and maple syrup or brown sugar.
Be sure to check out our other Little House recipes. Delight your kids. It's worth it!
~ Annette Whipple